05 Sep How is billboard advertising effectiveness measured
Below is a guide to how is billboard advertising effectiveness measured prior to booking a campaign in order to target the right audience and post campaign to gauge the success.
Pre campaign measurements – These are measurements that can be used prior to booking an outdoor advertising campaign in order to make an informed decision as to where you want to advertise.
Government traffic data
This is a measurement of the amount of vehicular traffic that uses the road adjacent to the billboard location. Amplify Outdoor use official government data and have traffic figures for all of our billboard advertising locations enabling you to make an informed decision as to where you want you want your message to be displayed.
We have a total of 72 millions vehicles driving past our whole portfolio of outdoor advertising sites every month.
Firstly, Amplify Outdoor have software that can produce statistics of who lives close by to a particular billboard location. We can determine:-
- Gender splits
- Combined household income
- Age groups
- How many vehicles a household owns
Furthermore, We can even drill down further to make sure you are targeting your desired audience and demographic.
How is billboard advertising effectiveness measured?
Things to put into place in order to measure billboard advertising effectiveness.
1. URL/ landing page tracking – Firstly, Set up a dedicated landing page to your website that only appears in your billboard advert
2. Dedicated phone number – Secondly, incorporate a dedicated telephone number that piggy backs your number within your creative that only appears on you billboard advert.
3. Promo codes – Thirdly, incorporate an offer within your creative that only appears on you billboard advert (eg) “Get 25% off with promo code Bill1”
4. QR codes – incorporate an QR (Quick response) code within your creative on a high street 6 sheet, where pedestrians can take a quick scan as they walk by.
5. Tracking through social media – Create a dedicated # Hashtag and monitor how many people talk about your campaign and product
6. Visitors to your showroom – A really easy one, ask them how they heard of you and where did they see you.
7. Keyword tracking – Monitor how your visitors are coming to the site, as they might not have had time to take down a code. (eg) car dealer billboard in Poole
Finally, Want to now more about how effective billboard advertising can be for your business or want any more tips on how is billboard advertising effectiveness measured?
Please feel free to get in touch today