23 Feb Understanding the fascination with outdoor digital advertising and DOOH
In these modern times, digital outdoor advertising is on everyones lips. But what does it mean and what does it entail?.
Digital out of home or DOOH is everything electronic restaurant signage to electronic billboards at locations with a high traffic count. Digital screens display adverts that can be swapped remotely within seconds. This makes it very easy for an advertiser to change their ad creatives based upon current events, weather etc. Whilst traditional billboard advertising cannot achieve this, there is still a place in the Outdoor advertising arena for solus, paper and paste advertising.
Digital outdoor advertising now accounts for over 54% spend within the UK OOH Market place. Furthermore, In the USA PwC predicts that overall OOH growth will be entirely fueled by digital over the next three years.
Are you interested in outdoor digital advertising for your business and brand? Would you like to understand more about this outdoor advertising format that is booming?.
Amplify Outdoor have put together a guide to DOOH ads which answers the FAQ’s questions we hear from many of our clients.
Why Use Outdoor Digital advertising?
DOOH offers some advantages over traditional billboards. These include:
- Flexibility: You can upload your creative within seconds. Traditional billboards require poster to be printed, delivered and fixed.
- Timeliness: Run creatives based on current trends and climate etc.
- Effectiveness: Return on investment for digital boards is high. Furthermore, More than half of people report seeing a DOOH billboard within the past month and consumers respond to them.
How Much Does It Cost to Buy DOOH?
The cost of a digital outdoor advertising site depends on several factors, including:
- The Location where you want to buy the billboard—you will pay way more in Leicester Square, for instance, than in Reading.
- The length of the buy, such as one week, two weeks, etc.
What Types of DOOH Are There?
The most popular form of digital outdoor advertising is billboards. However, There are many other kinds available located at:
- Bus stops.
- Shopping malls.
- Train stations.
- Phone kiosks.
- Petrol stations.
- Bars and restaurants.
- Point of Sale at supermarkets.
- Car Parks.
- London Underground.
You can also find digital outdoor signage inside taxis and on the sides of buses. They can be just about anywhere.
How Do You Buy digital outdoor and Is It Different From Traditional?
The process for buying DOOH is roughly the same as traditional. However, The emergence of Programmatic outdoor advertising has aided businesses and ad agencies in purchasing.
Furthermore, Purchasing is based on share of voice, which depends on the budget you have to play with. The industry standard is about 10 to 20 percent, but you could go up to 30 percent depending on how long you want the billboard to run.
What Are The Biggest Digital Out of Home Advertising Trends?
Three DOOH trends that will shape the next few years in the industry include:
- Firstly, Using programmatic to buy, plan and execute digital billboard campaigns.
- Secondly, The growing profitability of DOOH
- Saturation of many more Digital outdoor advertising screens.
- Finally, New technology to make digital ads more personalised
Finally, Want to know more about outdoor digital advertising and their costs?. Please get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org / 01202 670687 / 07557 373483.