22 Jan How to advertise on a billboard successfully
Have you and your business ever thought about how to advertise on a billboard? If so we have collated a few tips on how to make your campaign work harder for you and be a success.
There has always been a talking point about how hard it can be for a business to build its brand and grow sales within the local area. Adding billboards to your marketing plan can make your footfall and sales increase dramatically if you follow these fail proof tips.
Tips on how to advertise on a billboard successfully
1. Be straight to the Point
With only a few seconds to engage and make an impression with a potential customer, billboards do not have the luxury of lengthy messages with complicated call to actions like print advertising has.
Make sure your advertising message is short, sweet, and straight to the point by:
- Using 9 words or less.
- Including a striking image.
- Using easy to read fonts and text.
- Have a prominent call to action in order to gain immediate results.
- Choosing bold, high contrast colours that at the same time makes the text stand out.
2. Choose the Best Location
One of the best ways to make sure your billboard works for your business is to choose the perfect location(s) so you engage with your target demographic and make sure that as many of them see it as possible.
Make sure you select the location(s) that:
- Has a high traffic count and is in the right location to meet with your target audience.
- Is highly visible from the roadside, facing head on to oncoming traffic without anything obstructing the billboards view.
- Stands out from its surroundings with very advertising little clutter nearby.
3. Be Original & Adventurous
Think about the striking billboard adverts that you have seen recently. What do they all have in common? They are creative, bold, attention grabbing, relevant to you and are anything but boring.
Make sure your billboard advert is memorable by:
- Being original. It may be tempting, but do not copy another businesses advert.
- Planning, lots of time for research and editing in order to make sure the right message is seen by the right audience.
- Working with creative designers and get in touch with us if you need help as we have been producing successful billboard campaigns for over 20 years.
We hope this has answered your questions on how to advertise on a billboard successfully, if you have any questions with regards to advert design, locations and costs, please get in touch with us today.