04 Oct Billboard advertising v’s Radio
Local businesses are increasingly choosing billboards over radio advertising. This is due to the fact it produces a greater return on investment and they get far more for their marketing spend.
For example – A 4 week radio advertising campaign with 30 x 30 second slots averages around £7000 – £10,000 per month. This would easily swallow up you marketing budget and not give you any room to use any other advertising mediums.
A high impact roadside billboard on a major arterial road into and out of your Town and City costs £350 per 2 weeks. A billboard advert can give you a visual presence within your local area and sign post potential customers to your business driving footfall and sales.
People move around their local area, commuting, shopping, socialising and generally spending more time ‘out of home’. They are at their most alert when outside. Therefore, This makes billboard advertising one of the very best way to engage with their target audience on the move.
Remember, you cannot turn over or switch off a billboard – they deliver your message 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Billboard advertising v’s Radio advertising, Here are the key facts:
- 61% of UK adults do not listen to any Commercial Radio stations BUT…. 87% of UK adults will see outdoor advertising this week.
- 20% of UK adults do not listen to any form of Radio
- 42% of UK adults do not notice the ads on the Radio
- 57% of UK adults who have seen Bus advertising do not listen to Commercial Radio
- You can’t turn billboards off, they deliver your message 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Furthermore, you can switch Radio stations over or switch them off.